We have all seen the news of the cancellation of public events, travel bans, and school closings as the world is grappling with this ongoing issue of enormous scale and human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
At Vesuvius and all our subsidiaries, we believe it is our role and responsibility during this time to prioritize two things: the health and well-being of our staff, customers, the agents, and partners while also doing our part in the prevention of the spread of this virus.
Through that lens, we have made the decision to modify operations and close our corporate office to the public. Mail and essential operations will be conducted as usual as our agents may still reach us via phone, email, and B.O.S.S.S.℠. We have banned business travel and mass gathering participation of our staff and recommend social distancing.
We will continue to make decisions with vigilance and courage informed by the latest science-based information and guided by Our Mission and Values.
You may be aware that over the last few weeks we have taken a series of precautionary steps in response to this developing public health impact, including the installation of hand sanitizing stations within our office and the distribution of JPAR personal hand sanitizing spray; in addition, we will be increasing our normal cleaning and sanitizing procedures for our offices. However, we also encourage all of you to do the following:
- Practice Social Distancing to minimize the spread of the virus.
- If you feel ill, stay home.
- Thoroughly was your hands with soap and water frequently throughout the day, keep your hands away from your face, cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing and immediately dispose of used tissue in a trash receptacle.
- Avoid meeting people face-to-face; use the telephone, online conferencing, e-mail or instant messaging to conduct business as much as possible, even when participants are in the same building.
- If a face-to-face meeting is unavoidable, minimize the meeting time, choose a large meeting room and sit at least one yard from each other if possible; avoid person-to-person contact such as shaking hands.
- Limit and/or avoid travel and cancel or postpone nonessential meetings, gatherings, workshops and training sessions.
- Do not congregate in workrooms, pantries, copier rooms or other areas where people socialize.
- Carry your own lunch and eat at your desk or away from others (avoid lunchrooms and crowded restaurants).
- Encourage others to request information and orders via phone and e-mail in order to minimize person-to-person contact. Have documents, orders, materials, and other information ready for fast pick-up or delivery.
- Have mail and packages delivered and left on a table or open area. Use your own pen and gloves when/if signing for packages or mail. Wear gloves when handling mail, packages, and other materials, keep your hands away from your face and wash your hands with soap thoroughly when done.
- Avoid public transportation (walk, cycle, drive your own car) or go early or late to avoid rush-hour crowding on public transportation.
- Avoid recreational or other leisure classes, meetings, activities, etc.,
- Carry gloves and wipes to use at gas pumps and other places where you have direct contact with public surfaces.
We appreciate your understanding, as our customer, the one we serve your experience will not look different, we will continue to “Exceed Expectations” as we navigate through this time together. While we are currently maintaining regular operations as it relates to servicing you we have modified our physical corporate office operations and procedures with options that still allow us to serve you.
It is our intent to remain transparent and keeping you informed during the very fluid and concerning time as it relates to our offices and operations, but you can feel confident we will always do what is the best interest of you our customers our agents and partners, and of course follow government authorities directions.
Thank you all for your continued support and know that we have your best interest in our hearts and minds. We have a long-standing history of caring for our agents, clients staff and partners, recognizing you are the heartbeat of our family.
Stay vigilant! Exercise reasonable care and diligence.
– JP Piccinini, CEO Vesuvius/Founder JP and Associates REALTORS® and the executive team.